FIRESTORM 101 LTDReferência: 21FS101L
FREE RACE / WINDFOIL
Originally designed and trimmed to combine early planning, speed, control and easy jibing, the new Firestorm V4 line has been completely re-considered not only in terms of shape and details, but mainly for its program of use.
During the last 48 months since the first introduction of the Firestorm V1 Line, we have consistently kept on shaping new prototypes trying to improve the magic mix of the existing boards. But we could only improve one or two parameters, better upwind or better jibing while keeping the same top speed, but then either early planing or manouverability was being sacrificed.
48 months of development, over 25 prototype boards and over 300 hours of testing time in the water have not managed to improve the magic mix of the V1 and V2 Firestorm shapes.
Then we have started to re-consider the program of use and we have understood that when you choose a new board around the program of “fast freeriding” the most important parameter is SPEED. So the whole concept of creating a 30% faster board whilst keeping early planing and control have given life to a completely new line of Firestorm boards: the VERSION 4.
- Based on the outline and scooprocker line of the PWA world champion’s X- Fire V7 boards, the FIRESTORM V3 have taken this shape base and been modified as follows by comparing with the X-Fire boards.
- The Outline is slightly narrower in the tail area and has smaller tail cutouts so as to reduce the tail lift when overpowered while keeping the same planing capacity, more suited for freeriding than for pure racing.
- The Toro tail is being reduced in terms of extra width over the hull’s wetted surface and has been moved slightly further back, to allow more pressure with your back foot onto the fin without too much effort. This resuLTS in better upwind performance and better average speed in long runs.
- The Rocker line, hull shape and volume distribution instead have been kept absolutely the same as X-Fire V7 boards. Same soul as the world champions.
- The footstraps inserts have kept the possibility to use a more inboard position for choppy water or more “freeride use” and a more outboard position for flat water or “top speed” setting
- Adaptable to wind foil thanks to the FOIL BOX which is a specially reinforced deep Tuttle box design for use with a HydroFoil or a standard fin.
- The result of all these features has allowed us to create 3 brand new boards that will help improve your speed on the water and give you immense joy to stay ahead of the others.
- Remember, before buying any new boards, go test them in one of our test centers around the world. Speed cannot be cheated, so try and verify what we say with your GPS on your arm or by comparing with a friend on another board.
Range of useWaveFreestyleFreeride / ComfortFreeride / PerformanceSlalom / SpeedWindFoilEntry
101 / 112 / 123 LTS
RRD Foil Box vs Long Tuttle Box
FIRESTORM LTD V4
Semi custom / Innegra carbon deck glass bottom
101 LTS – 235×65 CM
112 LTS – 235×70 CM
123 LTS – 235×75 CM
FIRESTORM WOOD V4
Single shot / wood clear deck & matt bottom
101 LTS – 235×65 CM
112 LTS -235×70 CM
123 LTS -235×75 CM
FIRESTORM V4 SIZE FINS R•S•S WEIGHT ±5% ARTICLE CODE 101 LTS 235×65 CM MFC KP RC G-10 38 5.2-7.4 LTD 6,5 KGS
WOOD 7,0 KGS
112 LTS 235×70 CM MFC KP RC G-10 40 6.0-8.4 LTD 6,8 KGS
WOOD 7,4 KGS
123 LTS 235×75 CM MFC KP RC G-10 44 7.0-9.4 LTD 7,3 KGS
WOOD 7,8 KGS