PROGRAM: WAVE / STRAPLESS FREESTYLE / FOILING
The Religion MK9 BLKRBN is a limited edition version of the Religion MK9 and the first LTD version of a kiteboarding kite in our history. This is a special kite range that will introduce all the RRD lovers to the Year 25 collection. In fact, this is the first product that opens the YEAR 25 collection to celebrate the RRD QCC ( Quarter Century Collection)!
This unique version of the MK9 retains all of the same technology and performance as its bold counterpart but with a design suited for riders who want to keep a low profile with their equipment while making a big impact with their riding. The BLKRBN is a rare opportunity to make a statement in the most subtle manner while owning a piece of history.
This sophisticated look will be released in a very limited quantity to those select few that act fast and take advantage of the Religion MK9 BLKRBN; RRD’s concealed weapon of choice. Be one of the very few riders to own a unique piece from RRD with an extremely limited production of only 200 units, numbered individually, produced for the entire world.
Available from 30 January 2019 in the shops.
- Front-line trim setting with two options; wave / freestyle-wave
- Quick Air Flow Valve, with special moulded protection cap and reduced dimensions
- Bridle anti-tangle device
- Wide tips for extra maneuverability
- 4m, 5m, 6m, 7m & 8m have a pulley on the bridle, to handle the strong gusty conditions and improve the stability
- 8m, 9m, 10,5m & 12m have a higher aspect ratio to improve the speed, power and reaction time.
The Religion is the strongest kite on the market because of a:
- Bullet proof construction that creates a strong structural frame with a mix of 195 grms. Polyant Dacron and light weight D2 Techno Force™ Double Ripstop
- Internal and external extra reinforcements on every leading edge panel to ensure long lasting stitching and a rigid connection
- Exclusive Strut/Leading edge reinforcement D2 Techno Force™ Double Ripstop panel sewn at 45 degrees on the larger sizes. This spreads the impact loads over a wider area
- Radial Canopy reinforcements around the trailing edge of the kite, are positioned in a way that intersects the Techno Force Double Ripstop. This not only increases strength and durability on sensitive areas but also compliments the torsion placed on the kite, thus improving the overall flying characteristics
- All struts are reinforced with Kevlar stitched to the ends which reduce abrasion and the new design also prevents sand from getting into the kite. The middle strut includes Kevlar and an additional layer of Dacron because it suffers the most on impacts
- Our Bridle attachment points are reinforced with a soft PU external protection and an internal double adhesive Dacron patch, to increase durability
- Our ‘External Scuff Protectors’ are additional reinforcements on all scuff points strengthened with EVA reinforcements to extend the life and durability of the kite. This EVA is then encased in Insignia secured by a double stitch that adds to the durability of high stress points.
Range of use